What is the difference between an MBA and a Master of International Management?
With both a Master of Business Administration (MBA) and a Master of International Management (MIM) drawing upon the principles of broad business and leadership, it can be hard to know which one will best align with your career aspirations and needs.
We've highlighted some of the main features of our MBA and MIM degrees to help you choose the right degree for you.
What is a MBA?
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a general management degree, with core courses covering leadership, accounting, marketing and finance with added electives. The program is designed to prime graduates for leadership positions across a range of industries.
The Adelaide Business School offers a suite of MBA’s.
- The Adelaide MBA is a 1.5 year program delivered face-to-face with classes filled with like-minded professionals, creating an enriched networking environment. The timetable is built around evening and weekend intensives classes, suited to those with busy schedules.
- This program is designed for experienced professionals who have previous work experience and are looking to take a step up, seeking a career change, or even wanting to start their own business.
- The Online MBA is a 2 year program delivered completely online. Courses are delivered one by one in six week blocks, allowing for complete focus on subject matter, whilst allowing students to study flexibly on their terms
- This program is designed for experienced professionals who have previous work experience and are looking to step up in their career, whilst being able to study flexibly with minimal interruption to their schedule.
MBA Emerging Leaders
- The MBA Emerging Leaders is a 1.5 year program that can be accelerated to just one year, with classes offered throughout the week, providing students with core business skills essential in today’s job market.
- This program is designed for students with no previous experience, looking to add depth to their undergraduate degree which will accelerate their journey into leadership roles upon graduation.
- The MBA Specialisations is a 2 year, full-time program that builds upon the general management courses learnt in the MBA Emerging Leaders, and equips graduates with specialist knowledge in an area of their interest. Specialisations include – Entrepreneurship, Marketing, International trade and Development, Wine Business, Project Management.
- This program is designed for students with no previous work experience, who want to gain specialist skills whilst completing a general business degree. Students do not need to have a related Bachelor’s degree to apply.
Visit our MBA website for further information.
Master of International Management
The Master of International Management (MIM) is a unique postgraduate program that focuses on equipping graduates with key business skills necessary for an international career. With loads of features that appeal to a global-minded student, the MIM incorporates international experiences such as exchange, study tours, overseas internships as well as the option to undertake an internationally accredited double degree with a global partner.
Designed especially for business minded individuals looking to break into the global market or pursue a career abroad. By studying core courses in business strategy, management, innovation and cross cultural negotiation, graduates are primed for a career that spans continents. This is a 2 year program (FT) for bachelor graduates with a degree in any field and can be completed in as little as 1.5 years for students with a bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
You'll also have the opportunity to complete an internationally accredited double degree. Over the course of a year you'll live, work and study abroad with one of our exchange partners.
Still not sure which program is best for you?
Have a chat to one of our dedicated Future Student Advisors who will be able to guide you through our programs, and help you discover the perfect postgraduate program based on your career goals.