The Adelaide MBA offers a rich, contemporary, and transformative journey into leadership that will equip you with the skills and mental models needed to take on that next challenge in your career and life journey.
Designed for experienced professionals, the Adelaide MBA explores the key concepts and skills necessary to tackle the complexities of the future business landscape. Join us for an interactive information session to discover how an Adelaide MBA can help you take the leap into leadership.
Darren Thomas, CEO and Owner, Thomas Foods International
"I really enjoyed the focus on applying my studies back to my real-life work. I found I was getting twice the amount of learning - there was the educational value of what I was doing in class as well as being able to go back to work and immediately make use some of those learnings in real situations."
Request a brochure
The Adelaide MBA experience
Our Adelaide MBA offers a rich learning environment allowing you to formulate innovative approaches to real-world leadership challenges through the exploration of complex issues with your peers.
- Benefit from our face to face delivery style and access purpose-built facilities including our smart classrooms and MBA lounge
- As one of Australia’s only MBA programs with 100% staff with current business experience, you’ll be learning from people who know what it takes to succeed in the real world
- Be challenged and solve real-world business problems through our bespoke Social Enterprise Project, supported by industry mentors
- Connect with peers from a diverse range of industries, and join an enviable global network of Adelaide MBA alumni
- Access financial support through our range of specialised scholarships and FEE-HELP options
Ranked #1 MBA in South Australia*
*Adelaide MBA AFR BOSS Magazine MBA Rankings 2019
Ranked #2 MBA in Australia*
*Adelaide MBA AFR BOSS Magazine MBA Rankings 2019
5 Star GMAA rating**
*Graduation Management Association of Australia Rating
To be eligible for entry into the Adelaide MBA, you must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of two years' relevant work experience is required for applicants with a completed AQF Bachelor's degree or;
- A minimum of seven years' related work experience and a satisfactory GMAT score is required for applications without a completed Bachelor's degree.
International applications must have a minimum IELTS of 7.0 overall with no less than 6.5 in any band. Learn more on admission requirements.
Flexible study mode
The Adelaide MBA program is designed to accommodate the needs of busy professionals, providing maximum flexibility to customise your schedule around your needs – whether it’s long work hours or family commitments. Classes include:
- Weekly evening classes
- Monthly weekend intensives (Friday/Saturday)
- Optional MBA summer school for two weeks in January
You have the option to pause your studies at any time, and can complete the program in as little as 1.5 years, up to five years.
The Adelaide MBA program fosters a diverse class profile, with a small class delivery model that places significance on active participation and the individual. Our classes provoke intelligent discussion and provide a place for you to network and forge deep connections with other aspiring business leaders.
- Average age of our students is 36
- 96% of students maintain full time work whilst studying
- Top 10 industry backgrounds:
- Health Services
- Finance & Insurance
- Government Departments
- Communications & Technology Services
- Construction & Architecture
What you'll study
The Adelaide MBA program consists of nine core courses and two elective options, that will help you develop a well-rounded skill set, and a deep understanding of management principles through our tried and proven curriculum that ensures our graduates are fully equipped to make an impact.
A shorter 8 course (Graduate Diploma) and 4 course (Graduate Certificate) option is also available to those seeking a shorter qualification.
Courses Adelaide MBA Graduate Diploma Graduate Certificate Fundamentals of Leadership x x x Marketing Management x x x Accounting for Managers x x x Elective 1 x x x Managing Contemporary Organisations x x Managerial Finance x x Economics for Management x x Elective 2 x x Strategic Management x Research for Decision Makers x Enterprise Project (Double weighted) x
Scholarships and fees
Scholarship support for the Adelaide MBA program is funded by the Adelaide Business School across a range of categories to ensure our program is accessible to all candidates who have the capability and drive to undertake MBA studies.
Read through our full list of rules and eligibility.
Fees for the Adelaide MBA program are charged incrementally on a ‘pay as you go’ basis at the start of each trimester based on your enrolment.
A breakdown of the indicative fees for 2021 are outlined below:
2021 Tuition fees (indicative only) Per course (3 units) Full 12-course cost Domestic A$5,438 A$65,250 International A$6,063 A$72,750
Eligible domestic candidates also have the option of deferring the cost of their tuition to FEE-HELP .
* Fees for courses completed in subsequent years may be subject to change.
You may be eligible for course credit on the basis of previous study, with all credit applications assessed by the Program Director and Program Advisor on an individual basis.
Commonly accepted qualifications include:
- Relevant postgraduate studies
- CPA Accreditation or Chartered Accountants of Australia & New Zealand Membership
- Professional Management Program
- Professional Certificate in Defence Industry Leadership
- Selected Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) courses.
World class opportunities
Our students have the opportunity to study at some of the world’s highest profile business schools by undertaking a study exchange with one of our international MBA partner institutions.
Our exchange experience has been specifically designed to provide a valuable opportunity for you to develop an understanding of international business and network with MBA students from around the world without having to extend the duration of your studies or pay additional course fees.
Learn more about our current opportunities below:
University Program Aarhus School of Business, Denmark Summer School Program Aalto University, Finland MBA Courses HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Germany Doing Business In Europe The University of Glasgow, UK ESSAM Study Abroad
Due to COVID-19, study overseas plans may be delayed. For further information, please visit the Study Overseas website.
How to apply
Submit an application online including the following documentation:
- Current CV (including the contact details of two business referees)
- Academic transcript (if applicable)
- Answers to two of the following essay questions (300 - 500 words each)
- Describe your work experience background and why you believe an MBA will enhance your personal and professional development.
- Describe an example in your previous or current work environment where you had to manage a complex situation using your negotiation and leadership skills.
- Describe an example of critical thinking and analysis capabilities that you have demonstrated in your workplace.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview with the MBA Program Director.
Following your online application form, you are required complete your application via SATAC and must provide IELTS/English language results as part of your documentation.
The Adelaide MBA courses are offered in trimester mode with rolling intakes for this degree in January, May, and September each year.
Application & scholarship deadline
Trimester 1 2022 6 December 2021 17 January 2022 31 January 2022 Trimester 2 2022 4 April 2022 9 May 2022 23 May 2022 Trimester 3 2022 11 July 2022 22 August 2022 5 September 2022
Start your leadership journey with South Australia’s top-ranked MBA.
Have a question?
Contact us directly to discuss your queries in further detail and find out if the Adelaide MBA program is right for you.
Looking back upon his decision to study the Adelaide MBA, Will is proud of everything that he has put into pursuing a postgraduate qualification to upskill.Read more about Will Twiss takes the next logical step with his Adelaide MBA degree
After returning to the workforce after starting a family, Melanie Cottell soon realised she wanted to undertake professional development to refresh and expand her skill sets.Read more about Adelaide MBA gave graduate the confidence to successfully reapply for executive roles