MBA (Emerging Leaders)
The MBA (Emerging Leaders) is designed for aspiring leaders and entrepreneurs looking to fast-track their pathway into business management across a range of industries.
Start immediately after graduating from any bachelor degree and have the option to complete their studies within a 12-month accelerated program or part-time equivalent.
The MBA Emerging Leaders Scholarship
Get a head start in your career.
A one-time only offer, 200 scholarships are available into the MBA Emerging Leaders program reducing the cost of your studies to just $20,000. Available to domestic students, commencing Trimester 1, 2021.*
Who is this program for?
Designed for graduates without any professional experience, our Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) equips aspiring leaders with the necessary skills needed to succeed within a rapidly changing world. By complementing your undergraduate degree with an internationally recognised MBA qualification, you will be primed for leadership positions and develop the critical soft skills demanded by today’s employers.
Graduates from specialised backgrounds such as engineering, science, and health focused degrees will stand out from the crowd, and be well equipped with the tools to take on the managerial complexities of today’s workforce. The MBA (Emerging Leaders) is also an excellent launch pad for young entrepreneurs, teaching you not only how to start up your own business, but also how to run it.
- Open to recent graduates with no prior work experience
- Be business ready in just 12 months with the option to accelerate and complete the program in as little as one year
- Manage your study around your lifestyle with options to study part-time, and blended learning
- Connect with world-class leaders and build extensive professional relationships and networks
- Personalised employability support
- Opportunity to partner with an experienced industry mentor to plan and develop a sustainable entrepreneurial enterprise through the Australian eChallenge or Tech eChallenge
What you’ll study
The Emerging Leaders (MBA) will help you to unlock your potential and prepare you for the challenges of a rapidly evolving business landscape. You will develop skills to lead teams and projects in an innovative and strategic manner, while also cultivating a positive global outlook. As part of South Australia’s leading MBA team, you will develop advanced problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills necessary for business management.
The MBA Emerging Leaders is comprised of 9 core courses, 2 electives and a final research project.
- Core subjects cover topics such as project leadership, accounting and finance, marketing, and economics, giving you the knowledge and confidence to apply your learnings to the workplace immediately upon graduation.
- Tailor the degree to your interests with 2 elective options, including the opportunity to undertake an industry internship, increasing your practical skills and professional networks.
Your final research project, the eChallenge (or the Tech eChallenge) will draw upon all of your learnings from the program. Supported by industry mentors, and with the chance to win cash prizes, you will develop your own business idea and bring it to life.
The MBA (Emerging Leaders) Scholarship
The Adelaide Business School is offering a once off scholarship in the form of tuition fee discounts for Australian Full-fee paying students commencing in the Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) in Trimester 1, 2021.
Are you eligible?
The Adelaide Business School is offering 200 scholarships in the form of tuition fee discounts for Australian Full-fee paying students commencing in the Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) in Trimester 1, 2021.
- The MBA (Emerging Leaders) Scholarship provides for Australian Full-fee paying student to undertake the entire degree for a fixed tuition fee of $20,000 (up to 12 courses (36 units) of study). This equates to a 2021 tuition fee discount of 59.5%.
- The scholarship will only cover the minimum number of courses required for a student to be eligible to graduate with the Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) (12 courses).
- If a student does not successfully complete a course, either by receiving an overall fail grade or withdrawing during the Withdraw No Fail (WNF) or Withdraw Fail (WF) periods, the scholarship will not cover completion of any required additional courses.
- A student can choose to undertake the degree in a minimum of 12 month (compressed) period or study part-time up to the maximum duration of 4.5 year (extended) period.
- To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must gain acceptance and commence the MBA (Emerging Leaders) in Trimester 1, 2021.
- Australian citizens / permanent residents of Australia who commenced the MBA (Emerging Leaders) prior to Trimester 1 2021 will be eligible for the equivalent discount for their remaining courses permitted they are enrolled in Trimester 1 2021. Fee discounts will not be applied retrospectively and all other Scholarship rules apply.
- The MBA (Emerging Leaders) Scholarship is applicable to Australian citizens / permanent residents of Australia undertaking Australian Full-fee paying tuition.
- The MBA (Emerging Leaders) Scholarship is applicable to the MBA (Emerging Leaders) program only. Students undertaking any other PG coursework program/s (inclusive of the Adelaide MBA, Online MBA and MBA Specialisations) are not eligible.
- The Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) Scholarship will not be applied in conjunction with any other University of Adelaide scholarship.
Frequently asked questions
Who is eligible for the EL MBA scholarship?
Australian Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents (Australian full-fee paying students) who commence the Emerging Leaders MBA program in Trimester 1. Please refer the Scholarship rules.
I'm an international student, am I eligible?
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for the MBA Emerging Leaders Scholarship, however the University of Adelaide has numerous other scholarships available to international students that you may be eligible for.
How do I apply/do I need to apply for the EL MBA Scholarship?
You must apply for the program via SATAC and the scholarship will then be automatically applied to those who meet the eligibility criteria once you have enrolled. Our Program Advisors will also be in touch with you once you have accepted your offer to assist with any enrolment or program enquiries you may have, and will also be able to confirm details regarding fees and scholarships prior to your commencement.
Can this Scholarship be taken in conjunction with another scholarship?
No, the scholarship rules do not permit this scholarship to be accepted in conjunction with any other University of Adelaide scholarship.
What is the application deadline for the MBA Emerging Leaders Scholarship?
The deadline to apply for the program is 25th of January 2021. The scholarship will be automatically applied to tuition fees for eligible students.
Can I defer my offer and still be awarded the scholarship?
No, the scholarship will only be offered for those commencing in trimester 1, 2021.
I have an offer from 2019 but have not commenced, will I still be awarded the scholarship?
Yes, as long as you commence in Trimester 1 2021 and meet the eligibility criteria.
How will I know if I am successful in receiving ELMBA scholarship funding?
After you have successfully enrolled, you will get a confirmation email to your student account.
I am interested in the MBA Specialisations can I get the scholarship funding for these programs?
No, the scholarship is only available for students enrolled in the Emerging Leaders MBA. However, upon completion students you may wish to continue on into one of the specialisations via a credit pathway, but the remaining courses will be full-fee paying.
Will I be able to study part-time?
Yes, you are free to enrol in courses at a pace that suits you, so long as you complete the program within a maximum period of 4.5years.
Can I take a break mid-studies?
Yes, so long as you complete the program within a 4.5 year window.
What career support will I have in this program?
MBA (Emerging Leaders) students have access to a number of student and career support services, including job seeker assistance through the University Careers Service, industry networking opportunities, and voluntary internships via the Professions Student Hub. The eChallenge, which is a core program in the MBA (Emerging Leaders) also provides students with industry mentoring and exposure and is a good pathway to industry opportunities.
Need further information?
We're here to help. Find answers via our knowledge base, chat online or send us a message.
The University of Adelaide offers a suite of programs if you're looking to undertake MBA studies, including options for recent graduates, experienced professionals, and those looking for flexible study options. Continue reading to find out which MBA is right for you.