Accounting is the process of organising, synthesising, presenting and using the information generated from financial transactions to successfully manage a business and inform external stakeholders.
There are many areas of specialisation available, and they are gateways to a diverse and enriching career in business. The accounting major and electives also provide prerequisites for associate membership of the key internationally recognised accounting professional bodies, CA ANZ and CPA Australia.
Why study accounting with us?
- Top 100 in the world for Finance and Accounting*
- Top 5% of Business Schools in the world**
- Accredited by CA ANZ and CPA Australia
- Learn from academics who are global leaders in their field
- Opportunity to participate in custom study tours to leading cities in the world
*QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019 ** Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business (AACSB)
The Adelaide Business School offers a range of quality programs that are designed to go beyond the functional teaching of other business degrees.
Careers in accounting
Potential careers include:
- Business analyst
- Business consultant
- Business management
- Commercialisation manager
- Finance manager
- Investment consultant
- Taxation officer
- Forensic accountant
- Fund accountant
Need further information?
We're here to help. Find answers via our knowledge base, chat online or send us a message.