Family Business Education and Research Group (FBERG)
Family Business Education and Research Group (FBERG) is Australia’s leading university-based group furthering family enterprise research, education, and engagement worldwide.
Through FBERG’s initiatives, the Adelaide Business School has been recognised as one of the top 25 global business schools for family business education and research.
FBERG’s mission is to advance the growth and performance of the family business field through its education programs developed in partnership with industry and its relevant thought-leading research.
FBERG's vision is for the University of Adelaide to be known as Australia’s leading university in furthering family enterprise research, education, and engagement worldwide.
Industry and partner-based research
The FBERG team have been conducting relevant family enterprise industry-based research, such as that listed below:
1. Research into Australian Family Offices (Partners: Mutual Trust and the Government of South Australia)
2. Research into the Australian Family Business Sector (Partners: Family Business Australia and KPMG Australia)
3. Research into the use of Family Trusts (Partner: Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman)
4. Research into the resilience of MSMEs in Times of a Crisis (Partner: Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman)
5. Research into the use of private equity financing by family businesses (Partners: CPA Australia; KPMG International)
In addition, the FBERG team publish scholarly research in leading international journals on various family business issues, such as strategy, governance, next-gen development, succession, transgenerational entrepreneurship, family business branding, and performance. For more information about this published research, please click on the names of our FBERG team members under ‘lead researchers’.