Become a better manager and a more effective leader. Learn how to successfully motivate people to perform at their best and achieve desired organisational outcomes.
|Key Dates||Wednesday 30 & Thursday 31 January 2019|
|Duration||2-day face-to-face course, 9-5pm each day. A stimulating and interactive learning experience.|
|Location||Level 7, Nexus 10 Tower, 10 Pulteney St|
|Instructor||David Pender & Lois Whittall|
This high impact course explores self-awareness, motivation and values. Discover your leadership style and how you can harness this to influence and motivate.
Without exception, good management is about leading and managing people. This has always been the case, of course, but in an increasingly competitive business environment, with widespread technological parity, it is becoming even more so.
Whatever the core business of your organisation, its long-term viability and profitability is heavily dependent on the talents and motivations of your people. They simply must perform at their best, with an absolute commitment to achieving your organisation’s objectives. Perhaps more than any other factor, it is this commitment that distinguishes the high-performance organisation. Consequently, your leadership and people skills as a manager – the key to inspiring and maintaining your team’s commitment– are more vital than ever. And this intensive two-day short course is an ideal means through which to ensure they are up to the task.
- Managers and team leaders in the private, public or not for profit sectors
- Professionals who are, or may become responsible for overseeing work done by others in pursuit of organisational objectives
By the end of this program you will:
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Learn how your style impacts the people around you - your staff, your peers and your boss
- Improve your knowledge skills to change your style to influence others
- Explore motivation and values and how they influence individuals
- Management in organisations
- Challenges in leadership and decision-making
- Self-awareness, emotional intelligence and leadership styles
- Teams, teamwork and communication
An optional assessment is available if you want to embed your learning.
- Improved pipeline of leaders
- Enhanced leadership skills of your managers and executives
- Effective use of an individuals' style to lead and influence teams
- A motivated workforce that achieves your organisational goals
- Improved communication between employees