World-class Wine Business Education
The University of Adelaide offers unique Wine Business Education being one of the few universities globally to offer specialized Wine Business Education courses.
Our world-class leading Wine Business Courses and Research into Wine Science is one of the main reasons why KEDGE Business School in Bordeaux is thrilled to connect and collaborate with us.
For students looking to receive a truly global education, the partnership between our business schools represents a distinct opportunity for international industry placements and access to global leaders in wine industry in both Adelaide and Bordeaux.
Our Wine Business Courses are crafted to enhance your career and available offering:
- Wine Business Courses include the Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master’s Degree in Wine Business.
- Wine Business Series Executive Education short courses – 11 short courses available in multiple modes of flexibility. When combined with assessment, these courses may contribute to the Graduate Certificate in Wine Business.
- Our leading Wine Research is refined and enhanced through exhaustive market research and in consultation with Australia’s most reputable wine brands and links to industry and our global networks.
Wine Business programs have been designed to meet the demands of today’s global wine industry and poised to discover, share and collaborate with the world.
- Your wine business study options
Our Wine Business programs run in flexible study modes meaning you can study online and part-time, take intensive courses, attend classes after hour’s, or a combination of all. Design your study in a way that fits in with your lifestyle.
- Who should study wine business?
These programs are broad-ranging yet finely focused, perfect if you;
- Already work in the wine industry
- Want to get into the wine industry
- Have an oenology background but feel the need to add to your business acumen
- Are a fresh graduate and have a passion for wine
Some of the courses include:
- Australian Wine in the Asian Century
- Evaluating Domestic and International Wine Markets
- Grape and Wine Production
- Foundations of Wine Science
- Wine Retail, Cellar Door and Food Tourism
You can focus your study to a particular area by tailoring your electives.
- Teaching Staff and Research
Study with the best teachers and latest research
The University of Adelaide leads the world in wine research and progressive initiatives in the field. We established The University of Adelaide Wine Future recently.
This initiative actively promotes wine-related research to industry and external research institutions and invites feedback, collaboration and participation. Our students access this research and can apply it directly to their work.
Our teaching staff includes Mr Paul van der Lee, Dr Roberta Crouch (Program Director), Ms Marni Ladd, Ms Sue Bell, Prof Ulrich Orth (University Kiel, Germany) and Dr Sebastien Bede (EM Strasbourg, France). All are highly experienced experts in Wine Business and recognised for their contributions to the industry.
- South Australia’s Wine regions
While Adelaide and South Australia are highly respected for the quality of their wines, Adelaide is also recognised as an Australian leader in the business of wine and lives up to its name as Great Wine Capital. Reputed for offering excellence from the South Australian wine industry it is responsible for a large proportion of the production of all Australian wine. Some of the most innovative and revered wine makers call South Australia home including Penfolds, Wolf Blass, Peter Lehmann and Jacob’s Creek.
- Contact Us
If you have an enquiry regarding any Wine Business programs, please fill in this form.